Datatag motorcycle security
UK's #1 theft deterrent for motorcycles & scooters
Datatag is acknowledged as the UK’s number one motorcycle and scooter theft deterrent technology. It utilises a unique multi-layered system of forensic tagging that makes motorcycle theft significantly less appealing to thieves. Datatag currently protects over 500,000 motorcycles and scooters in the UK and is so effective that the motorcycle theft rate is one tenth of what it was prior to Datatag being deployed. Despite these encouraging long-term improvements, over 26,000 bikes are still stolen in the UK each year and motorcycles are still four times more likely to be stolen than cars. Through the Master Scheme, Datatag is the first and only official national scheme supported by the police authorities.
Motorcycle theft - the facts
- Over 26,000 motorcycles are stolen each year in the UK
- Motorcycles are four times more likely to be stolen than cars
- 80% of motorcycles theft occurs outside homes
- Security tagged motorcycles are less likely to be stolen
- Datatag is the first and only official national scheme supported by the police authorities
- Owners of datatagged motorcycles can benefit from reduced insurance premiums
- Datatag makes life very difficult for motorcycle thieves
The Datatag’s system’s state of the art visible and hidden identifiers combine with probably the most comprehensive and advanced database of it’s kind in the market today.
Member only offers
GEM Motoring Assist
Datatag Master Security Scheme
Approximately 26,000 motorcycles are stolen each year in the UK and the majority of them are less than 3 years old. These are often stripped and rebuilt around genuine frames and as such recovery rates are low, with the Police unable to prove ownership beyond doubt. For the first time the industry has united behind one official security and registration scheme to combat this problem.
The MASTER Security Scheme, a motorcycle and scooter security marking and secure registration programme, has been developed in conjunction with the police authorities and Datatag, the country’s foremost supplier of security marking technology, who will supply not only the component marking elements of the scheme but also the registration infrastructure and call centre operation. The scheme has the backing of the major manufacturers and the Metropolitan Police in the battle to reduce crime and keep Britain’s bikers riding.
- The Scheme is the MASTER Security Scheme (Motorcycle and Scooter Tagged Equipment Register).
- This is the first and only official national scheme approved by the police authorities.
- The delivery partner for the MASTER Security Scheme is Datatag ID Ltd, the country’s foremost supplier of
security marking technology.
- The scheme will initially be supported by major manufacturers BMW, Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Triumph
and Yamaha, with other manufacturers expected to follow.
- Although the scheme is voluntary, it is already believed to exceed the scope of any other.
- New motorcycles will be sold marked, tagged, registered and traceable by the MASTER Security Scheme,
reducing theft and restoring confidence to consumers.
- The scheme will reduce motorcycle crime as numbers of marked machines increases over time.
Master Scheme FAQ's
VideoBiker does not earn commission on this members discount offer, which has been negotiated on behalf of VideoBiker registered users. DATATAG is offering VideoBiker members a 20% discount (subject to terms) on their motorcycle security system. Register or login for this and other member only discounts.