Top tips - MOD 1 slalom & figure-of-eight
The MOD 1 slalom and figure-of-eight exercise involves rider balance – plus good control of the clutch, rear brake and throttle. Adequate revs and a steady speed is essential. Students should keep their focus as far ahead as possible, rather than on the closest cone. The slalom is around the five yellow cones. The figure-of-eight then follows – around the two blue cones. Prior instructor-led MOD 1 slalom and figure-of-eight practice is highly advisable.
Steering wide in the figure-of-eight reduces the risk of putting a foot down. During this whole exercise, students should not use the front brake. To carry out the MOD 1 slalom and figure-of-eight:
- Bike off stand, sit on bike & start-up
- Select 1st gear, carry out rear observations
- Look & ride forward using slow control
- Look ahead as much as possible
- Slalom between yellow cones
- Two figure-of-eight’s around blue cones
- Do not ride tight circles – go wide
- When instructed, ride-out & stop
- Select neutral & await further instructions
Help passing your bike testGet FREE access to Module One test tips
Essential MOD1 audio guide plus...
CBT essential audio guide
Module One tip sheets
Resources do not substitute professional motorcycle training and are subject to our terms.