Your guide to life on two wheels - O2W - October 2017
In issue five of On Two Wheels (O2W), it’s particularly good to see an encouraging, empowering overview of motorcycle training next steps. Too many riders make the mistake of not investing in further and advanced levels of training, which is especially a shame with so many options available. In our humble opinion, the legal minimums of bike training covered during DAS (MOD 1 & MOD 2) are woefully insufficient. Novice riders must invest in advanced training, with BikeSafe and the Enhanced Rider Scheme serving as good stepping stones to advanced rider training with IAM and RoSPA.
This issue also features a well written ‘riding tips’ overview of roundabouts and junctions, including a side note that references the extremely high number of life changing accidents that happen at junctions (especially turning right).
Contents - O2W Edition 5 - October 2017
- New products: Knox Roscoe leather jacket, Bullit stealth jeans, Armadillo bike covers, TU Beak backpack, Davida Shorty gloves, TU Adventure gloves, Shoei NXR helmet, Sidi Aria boots
- Riding tips: Roundabouts & junctions – tips, tricks & lifesavers
- Motorcycle buying guide
- Product reviews: TCX Fuel waterproof boots, Draper 400A lithium jump starter/charger, RST Aramid Wax II 2205 jeans, Richa Daytona 605 Jacket
- Insurance guide: choosing the right motorcycle insurance policy
- Advanced rider training guide – overview of the Enhanced Rider Scheme (ERS), BikeSafe, RoSPA Advanced Drivers & Riders and IAM RoadSmart.
- Motorcycle security tips
- Budget helmet buying guide
- First rides: Suzuki Burgman 400, Peugeot Jjango Evasion 125, Bullit Spirit 125, Benelli TRK 502, WK Colt 50cc