Your guide to life on two wheels - O2W - November 2017
In this months edition, O2W discusses what for some riders is a taboo subject – nerves. Just like in the stage profession, where ‘break-a-leg’ is preferred to ‘good luck’ – some would say that actually talking about rider nerves should be avoided. Yet, rider nerves are not a good thing in the overall scheme of rider safety and dealing with them is extremely important.
Clearly winter is on our door step, as O2W also have some excellent winter rider tips this month – starting with a look at the importance of maintaining clear (visor) vision, followed by a useful insight into keeping warm on two wheels. Pushing body temperature is very unwise and during winter months, riders should allow extra journey time to stop and warm-up. Wearing professional ‘winter-worthy’ protective clothing is vital and O2W offer some tips on ‘gadgets’ and winter kit that can all contribute to enhanced winter rider safety. Following on, this edition includes a useful waterproof buying guide.
Contents - O2W Edition 6 - November 2017
- Police trial hydrogen powered Burgman
- New products: Knox Scarlett & Spencer jeans, Furygan Autumn/Winter glove collection, Weise Renegade Summer gloves, Tucano Urbano Termoscud covers, Vespa V-Stripe helmet, Silver Dream Racer, Armr Wyoshi jacket
- Launch ride: Peugeot Belville 125, Suzuki GSX-S125, Suzuki GSX-R125
- Product reviews: Furygan Serpico jacket, Buffalo Explorer jacket & Buffalo Phanton trousers, Spada Stelvio jacket, Merton boots, RP-3 Aqua gloves
- Budget buying guide: Off-road gear
- First ride: WK Legend 125, Sinnis RSX125 EFI, Husqvarna 701 Enduro
- Riding tips: Dealing with rider nerves, Maintaining clear vision
- Keeping warm – why is this important to rider safety?
- Motorcycle waterproofs buying guide
- A look at the benefits of automatic and geared bikes