Your guide to life on two wheels - O2W - December 2017
Nearly December and here’s the Christmas Issue (7) of O2W and again it’s really good to see relevant training and motorcycle safety information. First-off, an article discussing the merits of Kawasaki Rider Training Services (KRTS), which is a motorcycle training initiative sponsored by Kawasaki, the MCIA and the MCIAC. KRTS can provide taster sessions, plus Compulsory Basic Training and Direct Access (DAS). In addition, training with KRTS has payment options, discounts on insurance and discounts on the purchase of new Kawasaki motorcycles.
We like this months ‘riding tips’ section, with a great safety focused articles with tips for new riders, plus a follow-on winter advice articles, sponsored by IAM Roadsmart. Excellent advice regarding snow – ‘if there’s a hint of snow – keep the bike at home’, plus sound advice regarding the impact of cold tyres/lack of traction and a reminder regarding increased stopping distances.
Contents - O2W Edition 7 - December 2017
- New products: Keis Premium V501 heated vest, Tucano Urbano Tetris gloves, Furygan autumn/winter textile jackets (Arrow, Blast, Zeno & Malcolm), Rugged motorcycle turntable
- Launch ride: Suzuki V-Strom 250 (2018)
- First ride: Keeway TX125 Supermoto, Honda Vision 110, Sinnis Bomber 125 EFI, UM Renegade Sport S 125
- About Kawasaki Rider Training Services (KRTS)
- Riding tips: Sound advice for new riders, Riding throughout winter (IAM RoadSmart)
- Getting on three wheels – the car licence alternative, The laws relating to trikes and tilting three-wheelers
- Motorcycle maintenance – your battery is important – so take care of it
- Buying guide – bike/motorcycle covers
- Product reviews: Richa original jeans, TCX Hero WP boots, Caberg XTRACE LUX helmet, Furygan Coburn jacket